If you have Diabetes, you know that your feet require special attention. I’d like to share our top 5 tips to take the best care of your feet.
1. Check your feet daily for cuts, blisters, bruises, cracked skin, colour changes and swelling. Use a mirror to inspect the soles of both feet if you are unable to reach.
2. To protect your feet from injury, avoid walking barefoot as much as possible, even around the house.
3. Before you put on your shoes, check inside for stones, sharp objects, and rough places inside the uppers and on the sock liners.
4. Wash your feet with soap and water every day, taking care to gently clean between your toes, and dry very well, especially between the toes.
5. Do not apply cream between your toes as too much moisture may cause blisters, cracks and fungal infections.
See your We-Fix-U Chiropodist in Oshawa on a regular basis for foot care and checkups. Early detection and treatment of a foot problem are always best. Call a We-Fix-U Physio centre at Bowmanville, Cobourg, Oshawa, Port Hope, and Peterborough.